Sunday, March 27, 2011

Arabic/English Dictionary

Yes it exist!

And so I was in that book store just to be shocked! Walking in between sections. Flipping language dictionaries. And there it was. Arabic/ English dictionary. But this time it is Egyptian Dictionary. It is absolutely fine to have egyptian dictionary of course. People visiting Egypt should know its dalicate to be able to communicate. This is the first one I saw. As it says on the cover, it is Egyptian Dictionary.

                


From the pictures, the language used is Egyptian. But when you have an Arabic/English Dictionary  with Emarati guy on it; and inside it you  find Egyptian dialect that would be weird!!!

                     

I assumed the guy in the cover is Emarati from his appearance. This kind of translation is misleading and would make some misunderstanding! Dictionary usually,or as I remember, is written in classic arabic. Using regional dialect is not such a bad idea. But in this case I think it needs to be looked at with cautious.

5 comments:

Rationality said...

When I read this post; I was like are you serious! It's a bit funny dictionary. I chuckled at the Eyptian words translation into English haha. I can spend long while reading it, it's enjoyable.
As for the guy on the book cover I guess he is Omani!
Thanks for sharing interesting post.
Looks forward to your next dear :)

Blue Pearl said...

This is a nice blog but I struggle to understand why you chose such a dark font - my apologies on my straight-forwardness. I am that way:)

PS: Love the Einstein quote.

Skeptical Empiricist said...

@Ratio,
Is he Omani!! still he doesn't speak Egyptian I guess ;)

@BP,
I am glad you found your way to my humble blog. You are right it is dark just a bit :D still working on that I have decided to blog recently .. so .. ^^

Blue Pearl said...

And a lovely read in addition to its humbleness. Have a look at a blog, called so sweet designs, noor has some great tips and the like for blog templates.

Rationality said...

Congratulations! You've got award as a source of inspirations. Check out the following link please.
http://rationality-rationality.blogspot.com/2011/04/source-of-inspiration.html